Streets: Sfânta Maria
Ioan D. Trajanescu
The last of the lotissements started by the Municipal Company in 1923 and completed by 1927 was Boiangiu, located in the first sector, the fourth bypass, near the Zablovschi lotissement, and it was the work of Trajanescu.
Approval chronology and lotissement history
Initially, in the 1920s, the street was called Ghiță Boiangiu. The Nomenclature Commission renamed it General Magheru in 1930, after 1945 it was named “România Muncitoare”, and after 1989 the street was renamed Sfânta Maria. The lotissement plan was drawn up by Fr. Reiss, in January 1922, and consisted of 36 plots, built on both sides of Boiangiu Street. The company received the construction authorization for the first houses in August 1923. These were types B0 and B1, designed by Ioan D. Trajanescu, similar to those from the Drumul la Tei lotissement. The houses were set back from the alignment, were ground floor only, with a cellar and covered an area of 67 sqm and 74 sqm respectively. In September 1925, the Company received authorization from the City Hall to build the last three houses from parcels (on plots 34, 35 and 36). They were the type M0, signed by the same Trajanescu, consisting of one floor and a cellar. The 1927 aerial photograph shows that all the houses had been built by then, but few historical sources indicate their beneficiaries.